There is a range of courses available
Online courses and talks:
- Building Digital Confidence: Barclays: 12 videos/Coding Play/Online Banking
- Agile Rabbit Talks: put on a range of events about current issues covering ideas, global affairs and the natural and scientific world. Upcoming talks include: ‘When the British Spoke French’ & ‘The Impact of COVID on Developing Countries’. Book here.
- Refugee Awareness Training: 17th June, 11-1pm. Free/Online: from PDREC
- Transitions: are running a series of workshops online over the summer: including Connection Reflection, Food & Mood, Creature of Habit: See here for Transitions Workshop signup form.
- NHS: Creative Learning in Lockdown: run by the National NHS England Social Prescribing Champion Scheme, 7 options including Nigerian Cuisine, Poetry and Guitar for Beginners:
- Business Related:
- Be Your Own Boss: Inspire Me: from Positive People: 22nd June, 2-4pm
- Businesses: Free webinars to help businesses to reopen workplaces safely. You can book here.
- English classes and café: Belmont Chapel – 2 x mornings a week for International women. Email: [email protected]
- Exeter Library (Libraries Unlimited): What’s On Online
- Food Delivery / Free Food: updated Directory
- Sing Chat Relax – in the park
- Summer Solstice Open Day: Goffin Land. Sat 20th June
- Resilient Women’s: Online Activity Programme: June
- Facebook Groups:
Mental Health/Emotional Support:
- Talkworks: is a free, confidential NHS service for over 18s who are feeling worried, anxious or have trouble sleeping and they are offering telephone or video support at this time. Call 0300 555 3344 to find out more.
- The Good Grief Trust – bereavement support for older people: free helpline/info/support. Local Support also listed here.
- Managing Anxiety for children going back to school: from Babcock International/DCC: A Guide
- RAMM: School Online Learning
- Parent Advice Line: ECI has launched a new phone advice line for parents and carers across Devon on Monday 1 June. The number for the new service is 01392 949059 and it will be manned from 10 – 2pm Monday to Friday. People will be able to leave a message outside of these hours, or when the operators are all busy.
- Wave Project newsletter
- The Good Grief Trust – bereavement support for young people: free helpline/info/support. Local Support also listed here.
- Anxious? SPACE is offering a service for young people to talk to qualified youth workers about anxieties they may have. This is accessed by filling in the form.
- Gov Funding: Financial support for voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations to respond to coronavirus (COVID-19). The government has pledged £750 million to ensure VCSE organisations can continue their vital work.
- Map: Community Support Projects: Exeter City Futures has developed an interactive map called Reimagining Exeter, where we are asking for Exeter voices to share what they like, don’t like and like to see whilst navigating Exeter on foot or bike. This has been a great resource to collate information about how individuals, residents and communities want to move across the city especially as we emerge from lockdown restrictions and consider a new transport and travel re-start to create improvements and changes to future travel. See map here.
- Testing for Coronavirus: now available to any member of the public with COVID symptoms: Visit here or call 119 to book a test.
- Support Devon & Exeter Veterans through the COVID-19 pandemic: (Veterans Change Partnership): donate here